Many people approach me saying they experience low back pain, they have therapies and treatments but the pain is still coming back. There is a reason that happens and I will explain in here.
Firstly, you must ensure your low back pain is not cause by specific conditions such as a result of an accident, a problem with discs or any specific reason. Your doctor or GP will say it’s “non-specific low back pain”.
This means it’s mechanical pain, which can be caused by poor posture, lack of physical movement, flexibility and mobility (in other areas of the body not only around your lumbar region), sitting for long hours and particularly in a bad position, and in general placing a lot of pressure on your body which ends up being too much and causes pain. You’ve got the idea.
If it’s mechanical lower back pain then this article is relevant to you.
Here are a few reasons your lower back pain keeps coming back:
1. You fail to practice the movements your physio gives you. I don’t blame you, they are boring, but hey they work.
2. You do what you therapist recommends but:
A) you are not consistent – so you lose the benefits you initially gained
B) there is no progression – your body gets used to the exercises and does not respond to them anymore
3. The source of the pain has not been identified. Your pain can come from the position of your feet. It can come from how you sit and stand daily (your physio doesn’t know what you do when you are not there and they don’t have time to check on you and repeat 100 times the same advice). Your pain can come from certain tight or shortened muscles in the body. And it can be from how you walk, run, squat, lift and so on so forth. Your therapist cannot see all these elements.
4. The source of the pain has been identified but you are not aware of it or don’t fully understand it. If you,, the patient, do not understand where this pain comes from you will fail to comply with what your therapist advises you to do. This is how the mind works. We need to understand why we do the things we do, that will motivate us to do them and be consistent.
5. You stop moving because of pain. I don’t blame you. When you are in pain you don’t feel like doing anything. However, if it’s non-specific low back pain, not moving can make it worse. Movement is essential to reduce pain in the body. Sounds counter intuitive but it’s true.
Your therapist knows what they are doing, they are qualified. But they are not coaches. They simply do not have the time to keep you accountable, to work with you long term. This is a coach’s job. To ensure continuous support for your recovery
The Merisoiu Technique has been designed to help people like you reduce pain in the body and reduce the risk of it coming back. We strive to get your body fully functional and unleash your true physical potential.
We use movement patters we have evolved to perform (Natural Human Movement) and Martial Arts elements (similar to Tai Chi or Chi Gong) to enable you to solve your problems.
Furthermore, we keep in touch with you through calls, emails, texts, online programmes, in between the sessions to ensure you are consistent with the habits and get the results.
Moreover The Merisoiu Technique is designed to bring movement in your daily life. It’s a lifestyle not a fitness regimen.
The Merisoiu Technique is much more profound than fitness. It’s a true way of living life.
Do you suffer with low back pain?
Do you spend loads of money on therapies?
Does it keep coming back?
It’s time to stop, and break the vicious circle.
Book a FREE Consultation